See Once Upon a Brownie - Chapter 1 for the recipe for Rosie's Award Winning Brownies
- 1 recipe Rosie's Award-Winning Brownies (nuts are optional)
- 3 ½ ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Prepare the brownies and allow them to cool completely. Don't cut them yet.
- To prepare the frosting, melt chocolate in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water.
- Pour the evaporated milk into an electric blender and add the sugar and the melted chocolate. Blend the frosting on medium-low speed until it thickens, about 50 seconds (the sound of the machine will change when this process occurs).
- Using a frosting spatula, spread the frosting evenly over the surface of the cooled brownies and allow them to sit for 1 hour before cutting.